Friday, August 12, 2016

Break the limit!

I received my first personal report from In-Seong for my first EYD season!

In the upper left corner, you can see my string of defeats as I travelled to play in the Canadian Open while simultaneously coping with the impending Congress.  My EYD games definitely got short shrift during that time.

For those who know my game, what do you think?  Is his assessment accurate?  I probably would have given myself lower scores in game experience and technique.  And intuition seems high.  I think he's right that my knowledge and life & death knowledge are better than my strategy.  And I think he's absolutely right that I lean toward the calm side on the aggressive/calm scale.  I think I've already come a long way toward the balanced middle, but I'm not there yet.

The big question is what do I do to improve my strategy and mind control?  It would be much easier to improve endgame or knowledge or life & death.  His study plan recommendation doesn't appear to be directly related...  maybe it falls in the experimental games category?  Maybe better local technique will help me improve my strategy (new ideas, etc.)?  

Meanwhile, I played my first game since before Congress last night!  I'm trying to return to actually being a Go player (instead of just hosting Go players) before classes start (two weeks from yesterday).

No comments:

Post a Comment