Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Guo Juan's Training System -- now mobile!

I've been super busy with work and with trying to be a better citizen:


So I haven't had as much time as I'd like for my 5 Years to 5 Dan plan.  But, fortunately, I can at least avoid losing ground by doing my problems on Guo Juan's Training System every day.  It really makes a huge difference.  In the past, when I haven't played much and then returned I felt like I forgot everything I know.  I no longer feel that way.  The SRS is *so* helpful.  And they've just upgraded the system so it now works on mobile devices!  This is huge for me, since I usually do my problems on the train to and from work.

I'm also still working on Japanese, using Mango (which is free through the library) and making SRS flashcards on Anki.  (Again, without SRS, this whole thing would be hopeless, especially during the academic year.)  I recently talked to Shawn (fellow MGA member who is also going to Osaka this summer).  He's using some other system for learning Japanese and has been learning how to say things like, "I like apples."  I've been learning how to ask how much it costs to take the airport shuttle from Narito to Hanedo airport, and how to say my head and throat hurt.  We'll find out which system is better in June...

No comments:

Post a Comment