Sunday, April 24, 2016

European Yunguseng Dojang

I got into the European Yunguseng Dojang!!  When I first signed up a few weeks ago, I was #19 on the waiting list.  I assume In-Seong Hwang (the teacher) arranged a bunch of people on the waiting list into bands, because when he later sent out the welcome email, I was #1 on the waiting list.  But it was close to the start date, so I thought it still might not work out for me.  I saw that I missed a call from France this afternoon, and figured it must have been a wrong number (who is calling me from France?).  But then I got a text message from In-Seong, letting me know that someone just dropped out of a band that fits my level, so now I'm in!

I used to do Guo Juan's group classes as a way to jump start my Go study at the beginning of the summer.  But then she changed the schedule and she no longer runs a class at this time of year.  

Some folks in the MGA have been playing in the American Yunguseng Dojang.  That's how I found out about this and I was interested, but they don't even start their games until 9 pm (8 pm Central), and the reviews start 2 hours later.  It's way too late for me.  Also, it might end up interfering with playing at the Prudential Center this summer on Wednesdays, which I want to do.  But Walther suggested I join the European version.  They also start their games at 8 pm, but on Central European Time, which means 2 pm for me -- perfect!

It's great because it means I'll have a serious game every week, and that game will be reviewed.

No comments:

Post a Comment