Saturday, July 1, 2017

OGC Day 4 (Friendly match with local university students)

Yesterday a bunch of students from a local university visited us at the TTS center for a friendly match. I went 0-2 for the day. (In fact, all of us on the Go Camp side of the top table went 0-2 yesterday; we really let down our team.) Pete and Shawn did their part, both winning both of their games! My first opponent had an English name, Josh. When he was in elementary school, he lived in Arlington, MA, just up the road from where I live now! He said he even went to our Go club, back when we had the basement space in Davis square. His dad is a doctor and was doing something at Harvard at the time. Josh is currently studying to become a doctor as well.

 

Unfortunately, I didn't get pro reviews of either of my games from yesterday. I did review my games with my opponents though, and it was good to at least get their perspectives. Here's my game with Josh:

(;GM[1]FF[4]CA[UTF-8]AP[CGoban:3]ST[2] RU[Japanese]SZ[19]KM[0.50] PW[Yoshiya (josh) Sanada]PB[Becci]C[White+~20 Went over the game with my opponent at the end, but we didn't get a pro review.] ;B[pd] ;W[dd] ;B[pq] ;W[dp] ;B[fq] ;W[cn] ;B[ip] ;W[pn] ;B[qo] ;W[pj] ;B[qn] ;W[qf] ;B[nc] ;W[oq] ;B[pp] ;W[pr] ;B[qr] ;W[lq] ;B[jq] ;W[lo] ;B[cf] ;W[ch] ;B[fd] ;W[df] ;B[dg] ;W[cg] ;B[dc] ;W[ce] ;B[cc] (;W[lc] ;B[bf] ;W[be] ;B[ef] ;W[de] ;B[jc] ;W[le] ;B[pf] ;W[qe] ;B[qd] ;W[pe] ;B[oe] ;W[pg] ;B[of] ;W[rd] ;B[rc] ;W[re] ;B[qb] ;W[hd] ;B[je] ;W[lg] ;B[og] ;W[ph] ;B[hf] ;W[ic] ;B[kc] ;W[ge] ;B[fe] ;W[gf] ;B[hg] ;W[gg] ;B[eh] ;W[gh] ;B[jh] ;W[kh] ;B[hh] ;W[gi] ;B[ej] ;W[ec] ;B[fc] ;W[ed] ;B[eb] ;W[db] (;B[cb] ;W[fb] ;B[da] ;W[gb] ;B[fj] ;W[gj] ;B[ck] ;W[cj] ;B[bd] ;W[bg] ;B[fl] ;W[jg] ;B[he] ;W[gd] ;B[ji] ;W[hi] ;B[jf] ;W[di] ;B[ei] ;W[ki] ;B[jj] ;W[kj] ;B[jk] ;W[hl] ;B[bk] ;W[bj] ;B[fn] ;W[em] ;B[fm] ;W[dk] ;B[jm] ;W[gc] ;B[ll] ;W[kr] ;B[mf] ;W[lf] (;B[mj] ;W[mk] ;B[lk] ;W[mi] ;B[qk] ;W[qj] ;B[rk] ;W[eq] ;B[fp] ;W[fr] ;B[gr] ;W[er] ;B[jr] ;W[kd] ;B[jd] ;W[lb] ;B[ib] ;W[hb] ;B[eg] ;W[jb] ;B[kb] ;W[ia] ;B[do] ;W[co] ;B[el] ;W[dl] ;B[dn] ;W[dm] ;B[or] ;W[nr] ;B[ps] ;W[op] ;B[no] ;W[oo] ;B[nn] ;W[np] ;B[mr]C[I was in byo-yomi and stopped recording. ]) (;B[ni]C[We think this might have been the better move.])) (;B[fb]C[Looks like Black can play this side because of White's shortage of liberties.] ;W[cb] ;B[bc] ;W[bb] ;B[ab] ;W[bd] ;B[ee] ;W[cd] ;B[ac] ;W[ba] ;B[da] ;W[bg] ;B[ea] ;W[af] ;B[ca] ;W[ad] ;B[aa])) (;W[hc]C[White should probably play this side first.]))


Here's my afternoon opponent, Dai Chida:
 

And here's our game, with a few suggestions from him:

(;GM[1]FF[4]CA[UTF-8]AP[CGoban:3]ST[2] RU[Japanese]SZ[19]HA[2]KM[0.50] PW[Dai Chida]PB[Becci]AB[pd][dp]C[White+11 Went over the game with my opponent, but we didn't get a pro review.] ;W[dc] ;B[pp] ;W[qn] ;B[pj] ;W[nq] ;B[oo] ;W[qq] ;B[mp] ;W[qp] ;B[mq] ;W[cn] ;B[fq] ;W[en] ;B[ci]C[I was not happy with this opening for Black, especially since it started as a 2 stone game.] ;W[cq] ;B[cp] ;W[bp] ;B[dq] ;W[br] ;B[cr] ;W[bq] ;B[cf] ;W[or] ;B[ln] ;W[nc] ;B[qf] ;W[dh] ;B[ch] ;W[de] ;B[kd] ;W[pe] ;B[qe] ;W[pc] (;B[qc] ;W[od] ;B[qd] ;W[ic] ;B[lc] ;W[ie] ;B[me] ;W[ne] ;B[mf] ;W[md] ;B[kf] ;W[ld] ;B[jc] ;W[le] ;B[ke] ;W[lf] (;B[ib] ;W[lg] ;B[bd] ;W[ce] ;B[be] ;W[df] ;B[dg] ;W[eg] ;B[cg] ;W[hc] ;B[hb] ;W[gc] ;B[gb] ;W[hq] ;B[hp] ;W[ip] ;B[gp] ;W[io] (;B[jq]C[We both thought this was a bad move.] ;W[iq] ;B[gn] ;W[im] ;B[gl] ;W[ql]C[This move is huge. I really wanted to play here. ] ;B[jn] ;W[in] ;B[ik] ;W[kq] ;B[jr] ;W[ko] (;B[jp] ;W[jo] ;B[kp] ;W[lo] ;B[mo] ;W[jk] (;B[lm] ;W[jl] ;B[ij] ;W[lk] ;B[nl] ;W[rj] ;B[jm] ;W[il] ;B[gk] ;W[nk] ;B[ok] ;W[ml] ;B[nm] ;W[nj] ;B[pl] ;W[fm] ;B[gm] ;W[ck]C[Ugh. My opponent got *both* of the big side moves. Totally not ok. ] ;B[qm] ;W[rm] ;B[qk] ;W[rl] ;B[rk] ;W[sk] (;B[pf] ;W[pb] ;B[qb] ;W[rh] ;B[qj] ;W[qi] ;B[ki] ;W[pi] ;B[oj] ;W[ni] ;B[kj] ;W[ll] ;B[mh] ;W[nh] ;B[nf] ;W[mg] ;B[oe] ;W[lb] ;B[kb] ;W[mc] ;B[kc] ;W[cc] ;B[bc] ;W[fb] ;B[hg] ;W[gf] ;B[hf] ;W[he] ;B[gg] ;W[fg] ;B[bj] ;W[bk] ;B[ek] ;W[mr] ;B[lr] ;W[kg] ;B[fi] ;W[ma] ;B[ja] ;W[bb] ;B[ab] ;W[ba] ;B[dm] ;W[dn] ;B[ms] ;W[nr] ;B[rg] ;W[dr] ;B[er] ;W[cs] ;B[jh] ;W[jg] ;B[ka] ;W[cj] ;B[bi] ;W[dl] ;B[fa] ;W[eb] ;B[el] ;W[em] ;B[dk] ;W[cl] ;B[fh] ;W[eh] ;B[ei] ;W[ff] ;B[cd] ;W[dd] ;B[pa] ;W[oa] ;B[qa] ;W[lp] ;B[lq] ;W[fo] ;B[go] ;W[ig] ;B[ih] ;W[pm] ;B[om] ;W[qg] ;B[pg] ;W[qh] ;B[rf] ;W[fp] ;B[gq] ;W[ir] ;B[oi] ;W[si] ;B[li]C[In byo-yomi; stopped recording.]) (;B[pb]C[I'm sure this is bigger...]) (;B[ff]C[My opponent recommended this move, which I hadn't considered at all.] ;W[ef] ;B[fc] ;W[fd] ;B[gd] (;W[hd] ;B[ed] ;W[fe] ;B[ec] ;W[dd] ;B[ee] ;W[ed]) (;W[fb] ;B[id] ;W[ec] ;B[hd]))) (;B[ij]C[Probably responding here is better.])) (;B[kn]C[My opponent also thought I should play this way.])) (;B[iq]C[Black should just cut and live.] ;W[jq] ;B[ir] ;W[jr] ;B[hr] ;W[ko])) (;B[lg]C[My opponent thought I should just cover here.])) (;B[od]C[My opponent thinks I should have played here.] (;W[oc] ;B[qc] ;W[nd] ;B[qd]) (;W[qc]C[I would have worried about this.])))


After our matches, we went out for sake. I should have stopped after one, but I went for a second. (It's so good!) My resulting lack of sleep is unlikely to help me in our match against the pre-pre-Insei at the Kansai Ki-in today...



No comments:

Post a Comment